Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Dissapointing latency with vst 5?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chizyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    i get a audio latency of 96ms using the latest asio drivers, this makes it hard to use vst instruments and the like. My system is not great (PII 300 MHz, 128 mb RAM) but i still would expect a better latency with my terratec ews 64xl. if anyone could give any solutions or advice, i would be thankfull,


    Alistair Chisholm

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Iamos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2000
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was looking around in this forum to see if anyone had written anything about latency and I found this from the month of May.

    Well, me myself, I can get a latency of just 12ms but I am not sure a the moment if the computer will turn out to be stable as I have just changed the settings to get this low figure. But it works at the moment and my softsynths works just fine!
    Apart from the EWS64XL, I use Cubase VST32 and have a Pentium III 733MHz and 384Mb RAM.

    Anyone else who wants to share their experience regarding 'latency'?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chizyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    ye, i managed to fiddle around with the settings and got a similar latency, around 12 ms, so i guess that settles it, cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •